Setting up the FRITZ!Box as a DSL router (standard)
You want to connect a new FRITZ!Box and set it up? ✔ Keep your account information handy and simply start the wizard for internet access.
The FRITZ!Box automatically connects to the internet (operation as a DSL router) when you connect it to your DSL line and enter your personal account information in the FRITZ!Box user interface. All of the computers, smartphones, and other devices connected to the FRITZ!Box can then use the internet connection at the same time and have equal status.
Refer to Setting up the FRITZ!Box: Guides for different providers for links to our provider-specific guides. If your internet service provider is not listed there, proceed as described in this guide.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Connecting the FRITZ!Box with your DSL line
- Insert the DSL cable into the "DSL" socket on the FRITZ!Box and into the socket on the TAE jack labeled "F" (see left fig.) or into the DSL line (see right fig.).
Fig.: Connecting FRITZ!Box with a DSL line in Germany (left) and in other countries (right)
2 Configuring the internet connection in the FRITZ!Box
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box password on the bottom of the device and click "Log In".
- If the wizard for internet access does not start automatically, click "Wizards" and then "Configure the Internet Connection".
Fig.: Calling up the FRITZ!Box wizard
- If your internet service provider is displayed in the drop-down list, select your internet service provider. If your provider is not listed, select "more internet service providers".
- If your internet service provider is not displayed in the drop-down list, select "other internet service provider".
- Click "Next" and follow the wizard's instructions.
Now the FRITZ!Box uses the account information you entered to establish the internet connection. Then you can configure your telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box and connect your wireless devices with the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation