Setting up room monitoring (baby monitor)
Together with a FRITZ!Fon or a telephone connected to an analog extension of the FRITZ!Box, you can turn your FRITZ!Box into a baby monitor. If a certain noise level is reached when room monitoring is enabled, the telephone automatically calls another telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box or an external line (for example in the neighboring apartment).
Requirements / Restrictions
- Only telephones connected to the analog extensions on the FRITZ!Box can be used for room monitoring. ISDN telephones and cordless telephones can only be used if they are equipped with this function. All FRITZ!Fon models support room monitoring.
1 Enabling room monitoring on FRITZ!Fon
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Supplementary services" and press "OK".
- "Baby monitor" > "OK"
- "Destination no." > "OK"
- If a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box should be called, press "Options" and select the internal number or the corresponding telephone book entry.
- If an external line should be called, enter the destination call number or press "Options" and select the corresponding telephone book entry.
- Select "Activation" and press "OK".
- Select "Options", set the sensitivity level, and press "OK". The call is triggered as soon as the bar is full. The higher the sensitivity, the less ambient noise is required to trigger it.
- Place the telephone in the desired position.
- Room monitoring is disabled as soon as you leave the "Baby Monitor active" menu. The telephone does not ring when room monitoring is enabled because it switches to silent mode.
2 Enabling room monitoring on an analog telephone
- Pick up the handset of the telephone that you want to use for room monitoring.
- Enter the key command *4[level]*[telephone number]#.
- [level] = Any level from 1 (very sensitive) to 8.
- [Telephone number] = telephone number of an external line or internal number of a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box or 9 (all telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box ring).
Note:You can find the internal numbers of the telephony devices in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers".
If the telephone should call the external number 1234 as soon as there is even a low level of noise, enter *41*1234#.
- Do not hang up the handset, place it next to the child's bed instead, for example.
Note:Room monitoring is disabled as soon as you hang up the handset.
AVM Section Navigation