FRITZ!Box 7590 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E
Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID) of the FRITZ!Box
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box has a preset wireless network name (SSID) followed by two randomly chosen letters (for example FRITZ!Box 7590 XY).
If you want to use a unique name for your FRITZ!Box's wireless network, you can easily change the wireless network name. We recommend using identical wireless network names for both frequency bands so that the FRITZ!Box can automatically steer individual wireless devices to the most suitable frequency band (band steering).
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID)
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enter the same unique name in the fields "Name of the wireless radio network (SSID)" for the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz frequency band. If only one field is displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the wireless network name of the FRITZ!Box is changed. All of the wireless connections to the FRITZ!Box must be reconfigured.
If you are using wireless repeaters or powerline adapters with wireless capabilities in your home network, we recommend using identical wireless network names for all devices. This makes it easier for wireless devices to switch between wireless networks (wireless roaming).
2 Setting up the wireless connection
- Set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box again.