FRITZ!Fon M2 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
FRITZ!Fon's battery only holds a charge for up to one day (standby time)
When its battery is fully charged, the FRITZ!Fon can only hold a charge for up to one day when it is not left in its charging cradle. After that, the telephone must be placed in the charging cradle again or it turns off.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Recharging the telephone battery
- Plug in the charging cradle. Make sure that you insert the plug of the charging cable all the way into the socket on the charging cradle.
- Leave the telephone in the charging cradle for at least six hours to completely charge the telephone's battery. Make sure that the charging contacts on the bottom of the telephone rest on the contacts of the charging cradle, and that the symbol for "Charging battery" appears on the display of the telephone.
2 Shutting off the display when hibernation mode is enabled
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Settings" and press "OK".
- "Display" > "Hibernation"
- Enable the option "Display off".
- Click "OK" to save the setting.
3 Replacing the rechargeable battery
If the issue persists despite trying all of the measures in this document, then the rechargeable battery is defective. Therefore, replace the battery:
You can purchase a genuine replacement battery from an electronics retailer. Using so-called aftermarket batteries that are not originals, like the kind available over the internet, may damage your FRITZ!Fon.
Important:Rechargeable batteries wear out because they are subject to a natural aging process as physical and chemical changes occur within the battery; this is why they are not covered by the warranty (see warranty in the manual).