FRITZ!Powerline 510E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Powerline adapters not displayed in FRITZ!Powerline software
Your powerline adapters are not displayed in the FRITZ!Powerline software. FRITZ!Powerline displays the message "No powerline adapter is connected to this computer". However, a powerline connection can be established between the FRITZ!Powerline adapters.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the computer
- Use a network cable to connect the computer on which the FRITZ!Powerline software is installed to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
2 Installing the latest version of FRITZ!Powerline
- Call up our download area in a web browser.
- Select the product group "FRITZ!Powerline" and then your product.
- Download the FRITZ!Powerline software for your computer's operating system.
- Install FRITZ!Powerline on a computer with a LAN port.
3 Installing the latest firmware for FRITZ!Powerline
4 Configuring the computer's firewall
Note:A firewall is security software that protects computers from attacks from the internet and controls incoming and outgoing data traffic. Next to virus scanners, a firewall is the most important piece of software designed to protect your computer.
You can find information on configuring the firewall in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
- Configure the firewall so that it allows the FRITZ!Powerline software to access the powerline adapters.