FRITZ!Powerline 540E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Configuring FRITZ!Powerline as a powerline bridge
When FRITZ!Powerline is configured as a powerline bridge, it makes wireless access to your home network and Internet connection possible in places where the wireless network (WiFi) of your router is not accessible, or if the router does not have wireless LAN capabilities. In addition, you can use a network cable to connect network devices without wireless capabilities (for example a media receiver for IPTV, game console) to FRITZ!Powerline, and therefore to your router (for example a FRITZ!Box).
Since your home's electrical wiring is used to establish the connection between FRITZ!Powerline and the router (for example a FRITZ!Box), with this connection type you do not need to connect the two devices directly with a cable.
Fig.: Connection scenario for "powerline bridge" mode
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for FRITZ!Powerline.
- An additional powerline adapter (for example FRITZ!Powerline adapter) is connected to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box by means of a network cable.
1 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline adapters
2 Setting up a powerline bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline.
- Click the "Change type of connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "Powerline bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings FRITZ!Powerline should use and click "Next".
- Either accept the name of the wireless network (SSID), the encryption type, and the network key for FRITZ!Powerline, or enter your own name, for example "FRITZ!WLAN attic", and your own network key.
ATTENTION!To ensure optimal security, use a long combination of at least 16 alphanumerical characters for the network key.
Note:If you use the same wireless network name and identical wireless settings for FRITZ!Powerline and the FRITZ!Box, wireless devices can automatically connect to the device (FRITZ!Box or FRITZ!Powerline) with the strongest signal (roaming). Not all wireless devices support wireless roaming. Should you have questions, consult the manufacturer of the wireless device. All FRITZ!WLAN Sticks support wireless roaming.
- Click "Next" and then "Finish" to save your settings.
The powerline adapters in the network are now displayed on the "Overview" page of the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline in the "Network" section (see fig.).
Fig.: Powerline adapters displayed on the overview page of the user interface
3 Connecting a network device to FRITZ!Powerline
Network devices can be connected to FRITZ!Powerline either by means of a network cable or over wireless LAN:
Connecting a network device to FRITZ!Powerline with a network cable
- Use a network cable to connect the network device to a LAN port on FRITZ!Powerline.
Connecting a network device to FRITZ!Powerline over wireless LAN
- Configure the wireless connection to FRITZ!Powerline.