FRITZ!Powerline 540E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
FRITZ!Powerline user interface cannot be opened
Since you configured FRITZ!Powerline, you cannot open its user interface. The user interface is not displayed when you enter fritz.powerline in the address bar of your web browser (for example Chrome, Firefox).
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Calling up the complete address
Some web browsers start a web search if you enter an unknown or incomplete address., for example Google Chrome using Google. To avoid this, you must enter the complete address http://fritz.powerline.
Fig.: Entering the complete address for the user interface in the address field of the web browser
2 Allowing wireless devices to communicate
If you connected FRITZ!Powerline with a FRITZ!Box via wireless LAN, you can only open the user interface if the FRITZ!Box is configured to allow wireless devices to communicate:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" or "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "The active wireless devices displayed below may communicate with each other".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Opening the user interface with the FRITZ!Box
If you are using FRITZ!Powerline with a FRITZ!Box, you can use the FRITZ!Box's user interface to open the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Mesh Networking" or "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click the link or the name of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
4 Opening the user interface with the the IP address
If you are using FRITZ!Powerline with a different router, then the router must support DHCP name resolution so you can enter fritz.powerline to open the user interface. If the router does not support DHCP name resolution, use the IP address to open the user interface:
- Determine the FRITZ!Powerline adapter's IP address. You can find information on the procedure in the router's manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
- Enter the IP address of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter (for example http://192.168.178.25) in the address bar of your web browser.
If you still cannot open the FRITZ!Powerline user interface after following the steps given in this guide, then the FRITZ!Powerline adapter is not correctly connected with the router (for example FRITZ!Box) and you must setup FRITZ!Powerline again.