FRITZ!Powerline 540E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Push service mails are not
FRITZ!Powerline cannot send push service mails with status, connection and usage data.
One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of FRITZ!Powerline:
- "E-mail delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "E-mail delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: TCP error."
- The SMTP server you entered in FRITZ!Powerline for your e-mail provider does not respond to the connection request sent by FRITZ!Powerline, for example due to incorrect account information or because your e-mail provider may be experiencing technical difficulties.
1 Adjusting the e-mail account settings
Many providers employ special security mechanisms to protect their e-mail accounts. They may also prevent push service mails from being sent:
Adjusting your Google account settings
Adjusting your Microsoft account settings
Adjusting your Apple account settings
2 Enabling POP3 download in your e-mail account
To retrieve your e-mails, you must use an e-mail account with a POP3 e-mail server, and POP3 download must be enabled with your e-mail provider:
- Enable POP3 download in your e-mail account settings. Your e-mail provider can provide you with information on the procedure.
3 Setting up e-mail account information for push services
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click the "Configure Push Service" button, if present. If it is not displayed, click the "Sender" tab.
- Enter your e-mail address and the e-mail account password.
Important:The password for your e-mail account is not the same as the password required to access your personal customer account data.
- Click "Account Information - Additional Settings".
- The following values are entered automatically if you select a preconfigured provider as your e-mail provider.
- Enter the user name for the e-mail account in the "E-mail user name" field.
- Enter the SMTP server in the "SMTP server" field.
- In the "Port" field, enter the port used by the server to communicate, for example 587, if the server does not use port 25 to communicate. Your e-mail provider can tell you what to enter for the SMTP server.
- Enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)" if the server supports it.
- Click the "Next" button.
- A test e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you entered.
4 Contacting your provider
- Contact your e-mail provider.