FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID) of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater has a preset wireless network name (SSID). If you want to use a unique name for the wireless network of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater, you can easily change its wireless network name.
We recommend using identical wireless network names in your home network. This makes it easier for wireless devices to switch between wireless networks (wireless roaming). If you are using the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater in wireless bridge mode, we recommend changing the wireless network name of the wireless router (for example a FRITZ!Box) first because all wireless connections to the wireless router must be reconfigured after changing it and the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater assumes the wireless network name of the wireless router.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
1 Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID)
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enter the same unique name in the fields "Name of the wireless radio network (SSID)" for the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz frequency band so that the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater can automatically steer wireless devices to the most suitable frequency band (band steering).
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up the wireless connection
- Set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater again.