FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Connecting FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with the home network via LAN
Connect your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with the home network via LAN to offer wireless access to wireless devices, regardless of the wireless range of your router (for example FRITZ!Box). Alternatively, you can use the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater as a wireless LAN bridge.
If the repeater and wireless router use identical wireless settings, wireless devices can automatically connect to the wireless network with the strongest signal (wireless roaming).
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
1 Loading the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater factory settings
Before you can configure the following settings, you must return the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater to its factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater factory settings.
2 Connecting a wireless device with the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater into an outlet near the wireless router.
- Wait until the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs on the repeater remain lit.
- Use a wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone) to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
- Select the wireless network "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater [...]".
- Enter 00000000 (8 zeros) for the wireless network (password).
3 Configuring the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater as a LAN bridge
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Set a password to access the user interface, then click "OK" and "Next".
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the repeater should use and click "Next".
- Enter the wireless settings for the repeater and click "Next".
Important:To ensure optimal security, the password should be at least 20 characters long and contain capital and lower-case letters (but not letters such as ä, ë, ö, ü, é, í), digits, and other characters.
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
4 Connecting FRITZ!WLAN Repeater to a LAN port
- Use a network cable to connect the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater to a LAN port in your home network (for example on FRITZ!Box or FRITZ!Powerline).
5 Integrating FRITZ!WLAN Repeater into the mesh
If you are using a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 6.90 or later, integrate the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater into the mesh so that it adopts the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings:
- Briefly push the "WPS" button on your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater. The "WLAN" LED starts to flash after you release the "WPS" button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 7580, 4040 WPS Info FRITZ!Box 7560 WLAN Info FRITZ!Box 7490, 5491 WLAN WPS Info FRITZ!Box 6591 Connect / WPS Info
- The process is completed as soon as the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater is marked with the mesh symbol in the home network overview of the FRITZ!Box.