FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Connecting FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via wireless LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box via wireless LAN to easily and efficiently increase the wireless range of your home network. The FRITZ!Repeater adopts all of the wireless settings from the FRITZ!Box, such as wireless access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
In this guide we show you how to easily connect your FRITZ!Repeater with your FRITZ!Box at the push of a button (WPS PBC - Push Button Configuration).
If you want to connect it manually, proceed as described in the guide Manually connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via wireless LAN .
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
Before you can configure the following settings, you must return the FRITZ!Repeater to its factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Setting up the FRITZ!Repeater as a wireless bridge
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Repeater into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
- Wait until the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit.
- Push and hold the "WPS" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 6 seconds) until its "WLAN" LED flashes.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box for the time indicated in the table until its "WLAN" LED flashes:
Connect button Duration Connect / WPS about 1 second WPS about 1 second WLAN about 6 seconds WLAN WPS about 6 seconds
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit as soon as setup is completed.
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To optimally increase the range, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Select a location for the FRITZ!Repeater where at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up.