FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Push service mails are not sent
Although the push service was configured according to our guide, the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater does not send any emails with connection and usage data. The following error message is displayed in the event log of the repeater:
- "Email delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "Email delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: TCP error."
1 Adjusting the email account settings
Many providers use special security mechanisms to protect their email accounts that prevent push service mails from being sent:
Adjusting your Google account settings
Adjusting your Microsoft account settings
Adjusting your Apple account settings
2 Enabling email sending in your email account
Some providers require you by default to use webmail instead of allowing you to use email clients to send email:
- Enabling use of external email client in your email account
Note:With some providers, you can enable this in the settings for POP3/IMAP access.
3 Correcting email account information in the FRITZ!Box
This error is often caused by incorrect email account information, for example an incorrect password. Therefore, enter this information again:
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Sender" tab.
- Enter your email address and password.
Note:In most cases, the FRITZ!Box automatically fills in the following information. With smaller local providers, you have to enter it yourself. Refer to your email provider for the required information.
- Enter the name of your email provider's SMTP server.
- If the server cannot be reached over port 25, enter the port used by the server to communicate in the "Port" field, for example 587.
- If the server supports SSL, enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)".
- Enable the option "Send a test email to the given sender to make sure that the account data were entered correctly".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- Now the repeater sends a test email to your email account.
4 Contacting your provider
If the test email was not sent, then your account information is incorrect or there is a problem with your provider:
- Contact your email provider.