FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Push service mails cannot be sent
The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater cannot send push service mails with connection and usage data.
One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of the repeater:
- "E-mail delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "E-mail delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: TCP error."
- The SMTP server entered in your repeater for your e-mail provider does not respond to the connection request sent by the repeater, for example due to incorrect account information or because your e-mail provider is experiencing technical difficulties.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your repeater.
2 Adjusting the e-mail account settings
Many providers employ special security mechanisms to protect their e-mail accounts. They may also prevent push service mails from being sent:
Adjusting your Google account settings
Adjusting your Microsoft account settings
Adjusting your Apple account settings
3 Setting up e-mail account information for push services
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Sender" tab.
- Enter the user name for the e-mail account in the "E-mail user name" field.
- Enter the password for your e-mail account in the "Password" field.
- Enter the SMTP server in the "SMTP server" field.
- In the "Port" field, enter the port used by the server to communicate, for example 587, if the server does not use port 25 to communicate. Your e-mail provider can tell you what to enter for the SMTP server.
- Enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)" if the server supports it.
- Enable the option "Send a test e-mail to the given sender to make sure that the account data were entered correctly."
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
- A test e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you entered.
4 Contacting your provider
- Contact your e-mail provider.