FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Assigning a unique network name (SSID) to FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
When you configure the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater as a wireless bridge, it automatically takes on the wireless router's wireless network name and network key for its wireless network. This makes it easier for wireless devices (for example notebooks, smartphones, tablets) to switch to the wireless network with the strongest signal (roaming).
If you want your wireless devices to specifically connect to the repeater, you must give the repeater a unique wireless network name because most wireless devices do not display different wireless networks (WiFi) with the same names separately.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
1 Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID)
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enter a name of your choice that does not contain special characters for the "Name of the wireless radio network (SSID)".
Important:Not all wireless devices support all special characters. Therefore, only use standard Latin letters (not letters such as ä, ë, ö, ü, á, é, í) and numbers in the wireless network name.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
2 Setting up the wireless connection
- Use your wireless device to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
Note:You can find instructions on establishing wireless connections in the manual, or consult the manufacturer of the operating system or wireless device.
- Select your repeater's wireless network and enter the network key if you are asked to do so.