- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1160
Setting up FRITZ!Repeater in the FRITZ!Box home network
You want to connect a FRITZ!Repeater with your FRITZ!Box and set it up in the Mesh? ✔ It's easy with this step-by-step guide.
The FRITZ!Repeater quickly and easily adds an additional wireless access point to your home network. This way you will have ideal wireless reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network, even when outside the Wi-Fi range of your FRITZ!Box.
If you are using a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 7 or later, the FRITZ!Repeater is automatically integrated into the FRITZ! Mesh during setup. The FRITZ!Repeater adopts all of the Wi-Fi settings from the FRITZ!Box, such as access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
There are various ways to connect the FRITZ!Repeater with the home network. Which connection type makes the most sense depends on your operational environment.
1 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with a FRITZ!Box via Wi-Fi
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
A Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box makes sense if
- you want to position the FRITZ!Repeater within the Wi-Fi range of the FRITZ!Box.
- it should be possible to reposition the FRITZ!Repeater quickly and easily if necessary.
Just follow these steps: Connecting FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box via Wi-Fi
2 Connecting FRITZ!Repeater with another repeater via Wi-Fi
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode using a different repeater (cascading)
A Wi-Fi connection to another repeater makes sense if
- you want to extend your home network in a specific direction beyond the Wi-Fi range of the other repeater.
- the other repeater is a Mesh Repeater, regardless of whether it is a FRITZ!Repeater, FRITZ!Powerline adapter or FRITZ!Box.
Just follow these steps: Connecting FRITZ!Repeater with a Mesh Repeater
AVM Section Navigation