FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Cannot update FRITZ!OS
The FRITZ!OS of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater cannot be updated. The previous version is still displayed after installing it.
- A relatively old version of FRITZ!OS (5.24) is installed and it is no longer suitable for updating to the latest FRITZ!OS version.
1 Performing an intermediate update
Downloading the update file
- Call up https://service.avm.de/downloads/ in a web browser.
- Switch to the folder "Zwischenupdate", the subfolder with the name of your product, and then to the folder named "english".
- Download the firmware file with the file extension ".image" to the computer.
Installing the intermediate update
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Firmware Update" in the "System" menu.
- Switch to the "Firmware File" tab.
- Click the "Save Settings" button and save them as an export file on your computer.
Note:Save your repeater settings again immediately after updating FRITZ!OS. That way you can always easily restore it to a working configuration. You can find the "Backup" option in the "System" menu.
- Click the "Browse..." button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file (image file) that you downloaded and click "Open".
- Click "Start Firmware Update".
As long as the "Power" LED flashes, the update is still being transferred to the repeater.
ATTENTION!Do not disconnect the repeater from the computer during the update process, and do not unplug the power cord because Interrupting the update process could damage your repeater! However, if the "Power" LED continues to flash 10 minutes after starting the update, unplug the repeater for 5 seconds.
2 Repeating the update process
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your repeater.