FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Push service mails are not sent
The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater cannot send push service mails with connection and usage data.
One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of the repeater:
- "Email delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "Email delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: TCP error."
- The SMTP server entered in your repeater for your email provider does not respond to the connection request sent by the repeater, for example due to incorrect account information or because your email provider is experiencing technical difficulties.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
2 Adjusting the email account settings
Many providers employ special security mechanisms to protect their email accounts. They may also prevent push service mails from being sent:
Adjusting your Google account settings
Adjusting your Microsoft account settings
Adjusting your Apple account settings
3 Enabling POP3 download in your email account
To retrieve your emails, you must use an email account with a POP3 email server, and POP3 download must be enabled with your email provider:
- Enable POP3 download in your email account settings. Your email provider can provide you with information on the procedure.
4 Correcting email account information for push services
This error is often caused by incorrect email account information, for example an incorrect password for your email account. Therefore, you must check the information you entered:
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click the "Configure Push Service" button, if present. If it is not displayed, click the "Sender" tab.
- Enter your email address and the email account password.
Important:The password for your email account is not the same as the password required to access your personal customer account data.
- Click "Account Information - Additional Settings".
- The following values are entered automatically if you select a preconfigured provider as your email provider.
- Enter the user name for the email account in the "Email user name" field.
- Enter the SMTP server in the "SMTP server" field.
- In the "Port" field, enter the port used by the server to communicate, for example 587, if the server does not use port 25 to communicate. Your email provider can tell you what to enter for the SMTP server.
- Enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)" if the server supports it.
- Click the "Next" button.
- A test email is sent to the email address you entered.
5 Contacting your provider
- Contact your email provider.