FRITZ!Repeater 450E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Connecting FRITZ!Repeater to a router from another manufacturer
The FRITZ!Repeater easily and efficiently adds an additional wireless access point to your home network. This way you will even have ideal wireless reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network outside the wireless range (WiFi) of your router. The FRITZ!Repeater adopts the wireless access information from the router and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
You can either connect the FRITZ!Repeater with your router via LAN or wireless LAN. Which connection type is best depends on the operational environment.
1 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater to the router via wireless LAN
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
A wireless connection to the router makes sense if
- you want to position the FRITZ!Repeater within the wireless range of the wireless router.
- you want to integrate a device without wireless support, for example an IPTV receiver, into the home network using a LAN port on the FRITZ!Repeater.
- the FRITZ!Repeater should be repositioned quickly and easily if necessary.
Just follow these steps: Connecting FRITZ!Repeater to a router from another manufacturer over wireless LAN
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater to the router via LAN
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
A LAN connection to the router makes sense if
- you can establish a LAN connection from the router to where the FRITZ!Repeater is being used, for example using the existing cabling in your home.
- you want to position the FRITZ!Repeater outside the wireless range of the router in the home network.
Just follow these steps: Connecting FRITZ!Repeater to the router from another manufacturer over LAN