FRITZ!Repeater 450E Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Push service mails are not sent
Although the push service was configured according to our guide, the FRITZ!Repeater does not send any emails with connection and usage data. One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of the repeater:
- "Email delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "Email delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: TCP error."
1 Adjusting the email account settings
Many providers protect their email accounts with special security mechanisms that prevent push service mails from being sent:
Adjusting Google account settings
Adjusting Microsoft account settings
Adjusting Apple account settings
2 Enabling email sending in your email account
Some providers have email sending via a different program switched off by default:
- Enable the use of external email clients in your email account.
Note:With some providers, you can enable this in the settings for POP3/IMAP access.
3 Correcting email account information in the FRITZ!Box
This error is often caused by incorrect email account information, for example an incorrect password. Therefore, enter this information again:
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click the "Configure Push Service" link. If the link is not shown, click on the "Sender" tab.
- Enter your email address and the password.
- Click "Account Information: Additional Settings".
Note:In most cases, the FRITZ!Box fills in the following information automatically. With smaller local providers, you have to enter it yourself. The required information can be obtained from your email provider.
- Enter your user name and the name of your email provider's SMTP server.
- If the server cannot be reached over port 25, enter the port used by the server to communicate in the "Port" field, for example 587.
- If the server supports SSL, enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)".
- Enable the option "Test email sending after adopting the settings". If the option is not available, the test email will be sent automatically.
- Click "Apply" or "Next" and follow the wizard's instructions.
- Now the repeater sends a test email to your email account.
4 Contacting your provider
If the test email was not sent, your account information is incorrect or there is a problem with your provider:
- Contact your email provider.